Priority investment areas
In 2016, FPC spent RUB 17.8 billion to improve its customer experience through a number of initiatives, including:
- Transit time reduction and enhancement of passenger experience and transport safety by purchasing new highly efficient passenger carriages with improved performance and passenger comfort (294 new carriages for RUB 14.7 billion);
- Passenger carriage KVRs (166 carriages for RUB 2.8 billion).
In addition, RUB 0.3 billion were spent on the implementation of information technology innovations.
Investment in safety
RUB 0.8 billion were spent in 2016 on enhancing safety and quality of passenger services. Major investments in transport safety included:
- RUB 0.4 billion to implement the Comprehensive Transport Safety & Security Programme;
- RUB 0.2 billion to replace retired rolling stock;
- RUB 0.1 billion to ensure the compliance of FPC’s facilities with fire safety requirements;
- RUB 0.1 billion to install new frames, bolsters, and 1,520 mm gauge bogies during scheduled carriage repairs.
In 2016, to maintain its existing carriage repair and maintenance facilities, FPC invested RUB 0.8 billion in renovation and upgrades of its fixed assets.