FPC’s investment appeal
- Monopolistic position in the long-distance rail passenger transportation market in Russia.
- Low competition in the domestic rail passenger transportation market from international companies due to challenges in entering the Russian market.
- The Company’s high social and strategic importance for the state as the main transport operator for long- and medium-distance travel covering most of Russia, including regions with extreme climatic and natural conditions which lack road transport infrastructure.
- Strategic importance for the implementation of long-term objectives of state-owned RZD Holding.
- State regulation of fares for long-distance passenger transportation, and income loss compensation paid by the state.
- Conservative financial policy and low debt level.
- High potential growth of population mobility.
- Railway passenger services to support major passenger flows in Russia.
|Passenger turnover, billion passenger-kilometres||94.6||86.1||89.5||103.9|
|on trains made up by FPC||87.5||81.1||85.1||104.8|
|on trains made up in the CIS and Baltic states||7.1||4.9||4.4||89.2|
|Passengers carried, million people||98.7||91.3||93.8||102.7|
|Average number of carriages in a train, carriages||13.0||12.7||12.7||100.0|